The next set of recycling dates for the collection of electronic equipment and household hazardous waste (HHW) sponsored by Montgomery County will be held before the end of June.
The next collection date for household hazardous waste is Saturday, June 22 at the Temple University – Ambler Campus. The entrance to the recycling event is near 1431 East Butler Pike. The next recycling event for electronic equipment is Saturday, June 29 at Montgomery County Community College in Blue Bell. Residents dropping off recycling material should enter off of Cathcart Road. Both events will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
It is important to note that household hazardous waste will not be collected at electronic recycling events, and electronic equipment cannot be dropped off at HHW events
The remainder of the electronics recycling events is:
Springfield Township High School – Electronics
Sunday, August 18, 2013
1801 E. Paper Mill Rd.
Erdenheim, PA 19038
Lower Pottsgrove Elementary School – Electronics
Saturday, September 14, 2013
1329 Buchert Rd.
Pottstown, PA 19464
Upper Merion Middle School – Electronics
Saturday, October 12, 2013
Enter near 435 Crossfield Rd.
King of Prussia, PA 19406
The following is the remaining schedule for the household hazardous waste collection program:
Upper Perkiomen High School -- HHW
Saturday, July 13, 2013
2 Walt Road
Pennsburg, PA 18073
Abington Junior High School -- HHW
Sunday, August 11, 2013
Enter via Tyler Rd.
970 Highland Ave.
Abington, PA 19001
Pottsgrove Senior High School -- HHW
Saturday, September 7, 2013
1345 Kauffman Rd,
Pottstown, PA 19464
Lower Merion Transfer Station -- HHW
Sunday, October 20, 2013
1300 N. Woodbine Ave.
Penn Valley, PA 19072
All events will take place between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
The following items are not acceptable at either the electronics or the household hazardous waste collection sites:
- Latex Paint – NOT Hazardous (Throw in trash after it is dried out completely.)
- Alkaline Batteries – NOT Hazardous (Throw in trash if made after 1996.)
- Large Appliances/White Goods – Contact your township or trash/ recycling hauler to schedule a pick up or call Montgomery County Recycling Hotline – 610.278.3618
- Explosives & Ammunition – Contact your local police department or the Montgomery County Bomb Squad at 610.278.3331.
- Infectious or Medical Waste
- Radioactive Waste
- Air Conditioners, De/Humidifiers, Refrigerators – Contact your township or trash/recycling hauler to schedule a pick up or call 610-278-3618 for more information. For working refrigerators contact PECO at 1-888-5-PECO-SAVE.
- Smoke Detectors – Send back to the manufacturer. Check the back of the item for more information OR throw in trash.