Sometimes, I just want good, old-fashioned, home cooking, comfort foods. And what's more of a old-fashioned comfort food than meatloaf? But a good meatloaf recipe is sometimes hard to find (unless your grandmother will share hers).
This one was delicious, and will be one that you will be passing down to your children (and you're friends and family will be asking for).
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. can of diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix all meat loaf ingredients together.
- On a greased baking sheet, shape mixture into a loaf.
- For topping, mix all ingredients together and spread on top of loaf
- Bake for 1 hour.