Have you ever purchased those frozen stuffed and breaded chicken products? The Cordon Bleu chickens are good, but they take a while to cook, as well as letting your oven preheat, etc. Plus, in the end, they are still frozen and prepackaged items.
These Cordon Bleus are very similar, but fresh and homemade, and you can control what's in them.
- 4 thin sliced chicken breasts
- 2 Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheese Snacks, halved
- 3-4 slices of deli ham
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Layer about half a slice of the ham topped with half a cheese snack on one side of the chicken breast.
- Tightly roll the chicken around the fillings.
- Hold everything together with a toothpick through the largest part of the chicken.
- Repeat for the rest of the chickens.
- Combine panko and breadcrumbs in shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, pour a small amount of milk.
- Roll chickens in breadcrumb mixture until well coated.
- Dip chickens in milk then dip back into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat 3 Tbs. of oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Cook on all sides until browned.
- Place chickens on baking sheet an cook in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until chickens are cooked through.