Who doesn't love a good sausage sandwich? But, if you're like me, sometimes your not in the mood for a sandwich, but want the flavors of Philly. No problem! This cheesy sausage pasta tastes just like a sausage sandwich you would get downtown, with the benefits of being pasta (and making leftovers). Want to spice things up a little? Use hot Italian sausage. I've even used a "four cheese" sausage, and want to try this with a chicken sausage.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. sweet Italian pork sausage
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cup penne pasta
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally. Remove the sausage from the skillet.
- Add the pepper and onion to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Stir in the soup and milk and heat to a boil. Return the sausage to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cook until the sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Place pasta in large bowl and add sausage mixture and toss to coat.