.

RECALL: High-Powered Magnet Toys for Ingestion Hazard

High-Powered Magnet Toys sold by DynoCube are being recalled.

High-powered magnet desk toys, sold by DynoCube and sold exclusively online at Amazon.com are being recalled for an ingestion hazard.

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission recall, "When two or more magnets are swallowed, they can link together inside a child's intestines and clamp onto body tissues, causing intestinal obstructions, perforations, sepsis and death. Internal injury from magnets can pose serious lifelong health effects."

While there have been no reported incidents in connection with the DynoCube magnets, there have been 80 reports of incidents involving ingestion with other high powered magnets, including 79 that required seeking medical intervention.

The product was sold between July 2011 and August 2012 on Amazon.com for about $20.

Consumers can contact importer Reiss Innovations at 866-212-8314 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or online at www.DynoCube.com.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something