Calling all Muggles, Wizards and Death Eaters (even they are invited)
Chestnut Hill will host its annual Harry Potter Festival this Friday and Saturday starting at the Top of the Hill Plaza at 5:30 p.m.
Festivall attendees can meet Dumbledore, Harry and the rest of the gang as well as cheer on the Chestnut Hill College Quidditch Team, and visit a real, live Thestral.
On Saturday the fun continues with The Hunt for the Horcrux (fun Potter activities up & down the Avenue) Defense Against the Dark Art Classes, Sorting Hat Demonstrations, Magic, Face Painting and Fortune Tellers.
Business up and down Germantown Avenue will also be decked out as your favorite Harry Potter locales. They are:
- Dumbledore’s Powers Maze at Woodmere Art Museum
- Have your fortune told at Knockturn Alley
- Create your own Potter Pumpkin at the Big Bean Shop
- Write magic spells at The Quill Shop
- Visit Madame Monika’s Magical Emporium “Where witches just want to have fun.”
- Gladrags Wizard Wear Salon & Day Spa for fun services, products & festivities
- Stock up on souvenirs at Quality Quidditch Supplies
- Your stop for everything “Wizard”…Dumbledore’s Villages
- Sip pumpkin juice while shopping at Madame Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions
- Pick up some chocolate frogs at Honey Dukes Sweetshop
- Get beautiful with feather hair braiding and glitter tattoos at The Phoenix Feather
- Bring home butterbeer bread from Pudding Lane Bakery
- Share a joke and learn all about magic, toys & fun at Weazley’s Wizard Wheezes
- Pamper yourself with a “Bubbling” Spa Pedicure at Tugwood’s Beauty Potions.
- Stop for free coffee and espresso at Potage’s Cauldron Shop
- Leave your floo powder, port keys and brooms at home. Get around town on the
- Knight Bus …free for muggles & wizards!
- Wrap up the day’s activitiesat the Harry Potter Closing Ceremony4:30 p.m. at Norwood Fontbonne Academy And much, much more!
There will also be plenty to eat throughout the festival. Here's what's being offered:
WHAT’S COOKING IN HOGSMEADE?
- Please join us for tea at Madame Puddifoot’s
- Get your butterbeer cupcakes & Golden Snitch Truffles at Professor Sprout’s Sweet Shoppe
- Cauldron Stew is on the menu at Hog’s Head Tavern
- The Great Hall will be serving Butterbeer, Hog’s Head Pizza, Three Broomsticks Soup & more
- Stop in for a menu full of Hogsmeade edibles at Hogsmeade Grill
- Sample special potions & brews at The Burrows
- Treat your sweet tooth at Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor
- Venture into Diagon Alley for special drinks, cupcakes, and more delicious treats
- Butterbeer & Schmitters can be enjoyed at The Leaky Cauldron
- Hogwart’s Kitchen… home of treacle fudge, pretzel wands, sorting hat cookies & Hogwart’s stew
- And don’t forget to visit Hagrid’s Hat — Purveyor of Fine Food