GA Sports: Track Teams Finish Fourth at Inter-Ac Championships
Numerous records set.
Germantown Academys boys and girls track teams both took home fourth place following Saturday's Inter-Ac championships.
- Megan McCloskey winning the high jump in a new Inter-Ac Championship record and new school record – 5' 9"; McCloskey also finished second in the long jump, and was on GA’s 5th place 4x100 team.
- Kiernan McCloskey finishing second in the high jump, second in the triple jump, fourth in the long jump, and fifth in the 20.
- Kerry Lawlor finished 2nd in the 800, lowering her own school record to 2:21.2.
- Riley Yankowich finished 3rd in the pole vault – 7'6"; Sarah Armato was 6th with a 7'3" jump
- Maddie Stambaugh set a personal best to finish 4th in the 1600 in 5:16.88
- Anna Hallahan set a personal best in the 400 and finished 5th – 61.56
- GA’s 4x400 team finished 3rd
- With a remarkable late surge, Max Huang-Hobbs narrowly outleaned Lucas Elek from Haverford to win the 800 by .03 seconds.
- Matt Miller won the pole vault with a leap of 12'0".
- GA’s trio of milers – Ben Ritz, Sam Ritz, Nick Meloro – finished 2nd, 3rd, and 4th respectively in 4:19. 66, 4:24.55, 4:32.01. Ben Ritz lowered his own school record with this time, and Sam Ritz, already the fastest freshman miler in PA, now moves into 15th in the US in this category. Later in the meet, Sam finished in 5th in the 3200.
- Earl Edwards finished 5th in 200M in 23.10
- Keith Corliss finished 5th in the shot put in 44-5.5