GA Sports: Boys Track Falls to Haverford School
The Patriots dropped a close match despite a number of impressive individual showings.
The Germantown Academy boys track team lost to The Haverford School in a close 68-53 meet Monday afternoon. However, a number of athletes turned in great performances, including the setting of a school record.
- Jared Whitman won the pole vault with a 12’ jump; Matt Miller was second at 11'.
- Ben Ritz won the 1600 in 4:23.1, further lowering his own school record; Ben was followed by senior captain Nick Meloro in 4:31 and his younger brother, freshman Sam Ritz, in 4:35.
- Sam went on to win the 3200 in 10:13; Joe DiBello was second in 10:5.
- Max Huang-Hobbs broke the 2:00 minute barrier in the 800, running 1:59.9.
- GA’s 4x400 team won the relay in 3:38.3 – Max Huang-Hobbs, Nelson Floyd, Dan Furman, Ben Ritz
The team is back in action this weekend as they travel to the Central Bucks West Relays.