Elections: Upper Dublin Patch Primary Voting Guide
Find out your polling place and who's on the ballot here.
A primary election is one in which members of the political parties (in this case the Democrats and the Republicans) vote on which candidates they want to see on the ballot for the general election on Nov. 6.
Pennsylvania primaries are closed, which means if you aren’t a registered Democrat or Republican, you’ll have to wait until November to make your voice heard.
Voters will elect the Republican challenger to senator Bob Casey, the Democratic candidate for Pennsylvania Attorney General, and the Republican candidate for Auditor General. As well as a special election for the 153rd Legislative District to replace former State Representative Josh Shapiro.
Not to mention a symbolic vote for a Republican presidential nominee and a selection of local National Convention delegates for both parties.
The Upper Dublin Township website also has a wealth of information about polling locations.
Click here for a ward map, which can then be matched to the following locations:
- 1-1 Upper Dublin Township Building - 801 Loch Alsh Ave., Fort Washington
- 1-2 Upper Dublin Lutheran Church - 411 Susquehanna Road, Ambler
- 1-3 Trinity Episcopal Church - 708 S. Bethlehem Pike, Ambler
- 2-1 Trinity Lutheran Church - 235 Summit Ave., Fort Washington
- 2-2 Upper Dublin High School (Athletic Complex Lobby) - (Enter on Spark Drive) 800 Loch Alsh Ave., Fort Washington
- 2-3 Temple Sinai Synagogue - 1401 N. Limekiln Pike, Dresher
- 3-1 Jarrettown Methodist Church - 1460 N. Limekiln Pike, Jarrettown
- 3-2 The Reformed Church - 1500 North Hills Ave., Willow Grove
- 4-1 Christ Lutheran Church - 700 E. Pennsylvania Ave., Oreland
- 4-2 EPI Center - 100 Wischman Ave., Oreland
- 4-3 Sunrise Assisted Living Dresher - 1650 Susquehanna Road, Dresher
- 5-1 Sandy Run Middle School - 520 Twining Road, Dresher
- 5-2 Queen of Peace Church- 820 North Hills Ave., North Hills
- 5-3 Thomas Fitzwater Elementary School- 30 School Lane, Willow Grove
- 6-1 Jarrettown Elementary School - 1520 N. Limekiln Pike, Jarrettown
- 6-2 Supplee Presbyterian Church- 855 Welsh Road, Maple Glen
- 6-3 New Horizons Montessori School - 1701 Jarrettown Road, Dresher
- 7-1 Congregation Beth Or- 239 Welsh Road, Ambler
- 7-2 St. Alphonsus School - 29 Conwell Drive, Maple Glen
- 7-3 Upper Dublin Sports Center - 680 Tennis Ave., Ambler
Polls will be open at 7 a.m. and stay open until 8 p.m. If there’s a long line at the end of the day, and you’re worried your polling place will close before you get a chance to vote, have no fear. Polling places are required to stay open and allow anyone who was in line by 8 p.m. to vote.
According to the folks at the Board of Elections, the busiest time for polls is before and after work and at lunchtime. If you go at these times, you may have some lines to contend with. If you’re able, try to go between 9 a.m. and noon or between 2 and 5 p.m. There are no guarantees, but these are typically the least busy times at the polls.