Add an Event to Our Calendar
Want to promote your yard sale or invite the community to the church choir concert? Add it to the calendar.
One of the great things about Patch is our events calendar. You can add upcoming events and share with everybody everything going on in the community.
So, we need your help. If your church is having its annual picnic, let us know. If your son's soccer team is holding a fundraiser to raise money for new uniforms, tell us where to go to help. There's room for bake sales, yard sales, school events, concerts, lectures, government meetings, fairs and more in our calendar.
Follow these steps to add your event, and help us get the word out about what's going on in the community.
- Select "Post an event on the calendar" at the bottom right of the page in the Contribute box, or choose "Events" from the tool bar. Once on the events page, you can click "Add an Event."
- Give your event a title. IE: "Troop 151 to Host Bake Sale"
- Enter a date and time for the event.
- Either search for a location in the "Where" spot, or enter the address of the event.
- Add a description letting the community know what the event is for, who can come and anything else you think is relevant.
- Choose a category for the event.
- You can add a link to the website, contact information, price and a ticket website, but it isn't necessary to post the event.
- You can also upload photos, videos and .pdfs (useful for print-out registrations)
- Click "Post My Event," and it will show up on the events calendar shortly.
Now the whole community will know about your event, and, if you contact your Patch's editor, it might even be featured in our news section.
If you have questions or need help submitting an event, you can contact your local Patch editor by clicking on the link just under the header at the top of the page.